Search This Blog:

Thursday, December 31, 2020

XVIII - “Fever”

This fever radiates 

rising up through my pores

like steam off of the street 

I’m lying there motionless but still alive 

don’t know if i have the will to survive 


and this fever, is taking over me 

and this fever, is inside of me 

and this fever, is rising out of me 

and this fever, could be the death of me 


I’m cold now. 

The bumps spread like mountains across the landscape that is me

How long now, will it stay here with me? 

No escaping. 

Got to see it through. 

Ever fearing.

Will I make it through?


You’re the fever 

That’s come all over me

You’re the fever 

I can’t break free


and this fever, is taking over me 

and this fever, is inside of me 

and this fever, is rising out of me 

and this fever, could be the death of me 


Like the hottest fire

Like the brightest flame

Like a heat I can’t sustain 


No comments:

Post a Comment