Search This Blog:

Tuesday, December 15, 2020

XII - "Painfully Shy"

Cracked my chest and spread it wide open
Pulled out every one of my emotions
Put them on a table for display
Didn't want to go about it this way

I just want to hide
But my face won't cover up my lies
Wish I had a poker face
But all I got is this 'deer staring in the lights' 

You think after 100 times
I'd finally have a clever line
Think I could string together a few words
This is getting absurd

Shy, painfully shy
Every time I get around that guy
I'm so very shy
Usually, I'm a little bit shy 
But with him, painfully shy

Can't hold a pen
Can't hide my grin
Can't sum two and two, might end up with twenty-two
I need to stay away from  you
It's life on a line

Can't function beside that guy
Freeze up, walk away
Without a single word to say
Don't even know the word 'goodbye'

The closer I get to you
The faster these molecules
I can recite anything I've ever read
But I can't remember the last thing I said
When I'm beside you 

Shy, painfully shy
Every time I get around that guy
I'm so very shy
Usually, I'm a little bit shy 
But with him, painfully shy

I'm about out of pride
I'm red like the fourth of July
Hoisting up a white flag
Silent acquiescence of the words I've said
 
Don't ask a question
You know I can't give an answer to
I don't want to look you in the eye and lie
Can't formulate a sound reply

Standing at the edge of a crowded room
Can't be in the center with you
Can't let them see the way
My pupils are fixed on you

You circumvent my mind
Like fog around a mountain top
I can't see my hand in front of my face
Can't see a path to find a good escape

Shy, painfully shy
Every time I get around that guy
I'm so very shy
Usually, I'm a little bit shy 
But with him, painfully shy

Not a single coherent thought
When I'm thinking about you
Never met a stranger 
Until I met you

Wish you'd say hello
Wish you'd make a move
Wish you knew with just the sound of your voice
You put me on cloud nine

I'll sit here with my silence 
Till all these feelings die
No carpe diem 
I'll let it just pass me by

So painfully shy

No comments:

Post a Comment