I'm the boat adrift in your raging sea
Storm after storm you bring me down
But it's the only place I know how to be
No search and rescue can save me now
Storm after storm you bring me down
But it's the only place I know how to be
No search and rescue can save me now
You want to shock me back to life
But I'm already in a flatline
You're beating on my chest
But baby there's just nothing left
You're trying so hard to restart a broken heart
But you’re the reason, you're the trauma, you're the blow
You're the undoing of every stitchu I've tried to sew
You're the part of me I must let go
You're the pain I did not want to know
You're the ripping of my thread, straight back through the
hole
You’re the nick to my vessel, that's now bleeding out of
control
You're the kink in the line, causing me to run dry
You're the failing of every system, I needed to be whole
You're the life being severed straight back from my soul
I've tried and I've tried and I've tried
To look past your lies, believe your alibis
To hold together all my pieces, for a man I use to trust
But you've dissolved the you from us
The memories of all we were, jaded
Left to fade and rust
No comments:
Post a Comment