Search This Blog:

Sunday, December 6, 2020

VIII - "Fade Out"

Everything fades to nothing 
I'm praying to something 
The blinding light before me
Is it getting closer or is it slipping away 
And I know it's the very last time
I'll ever, ever get to feel this way 

They tell me I should look away
Say it's better that way
"Ten" barely rolls off my tongue 
Here comes the dark numb space

We're just around the bend
Straddling the curve of what could've been
Barely out of the woods 
Tiptoeing on the stick of tiny bones
Coming In and out the fire 
Melting like salvation on a wire    

The tempo in the room, two hundred and two beats per minute
And it spins
And I'd rather they put me back to sleep again
That mythical place where you still exist 

But the tempo of my soul cries closer to seventy-four
And it's A major,
A major blow in the depth of my soul 
Like a bomb exploded 
And hallowed me out 
And physically your gone 
But it's my mind you'll never get out 

We're just around the bend
Straddling the curve of what could've been
Barely out of the woods 
Tiptoeing on the stick of tiny bones
Coming In and out the fire 
Melting like salvation on a wire  

No comments:

Post a Comment