Search This Blog:

Sunday, December 27, 2020

XVI - "Choking on the Pearls"

The winds of change are hard to stand against

So what good would it do to change anything at all

Would to have liked to have known you in the Spring 

But you were later than a Summer's fling 


What good comes from cracking open the oysters

If we're just going to choke on the pearls

I didn’t come here to choke


What good comes from speaking our minds

When everything here is sacred 

there’s nothing new to be found 

there's nothing we can touch


Our paths crossed too late in the day

It's already time to depart from this trail

The moon is barely visible but the sun is giving way

I wish we'd met up a little earlier 

I would have loved to have hiked this one with you


What good comes from cracking open the oysters

If we're just going to choke on the pearls

I did come here to choke 


What good comes from speaking our minds

When everything here is sacred 

there's nothing new to be found

there’s nothing we can touch


No comments:

Post a Comment