Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 7, 2021

Miles Ahead

Should I refrain 

Mountains, too afraid to climb

Ledges sharp and steep 

Falling, shadows over all my aspirations 

Looking up for inspiration

But is anything worth the trek

Just to say it’s been done

Just to have to walk back down again 

Bragging rights soon forgotten

And in time I’ll return to lust again

The void still unfulfilled

 

The sky, of hues so happy

The stars, shined triter than you 

The flesh of skin never looked quite right

Stained glass windows like lens to my mind 

Like art disguised as truth 

Even the broken looks beautiful

And you stare until the image doubles 

Knowing it’ll never appear that way again

 

Miles ahead of desperation 

Hands rusted in defeat of the climax you couldn’t reach

You don’t use them anymore

 

And you lay it on me like salve to a broken wound 

You never asked but you know, the truth I’m not inclined to say

And every descending glance affirms it even more

Words covey little, against the transparency of a soul

 

So I climb, a mountain too vertiginous

To a pinnacle I know I’ll never reach 

But it’s driven by compulsory force   

Every move aches with purpose

Every pull feels like pushing veracity away

I’ll die with my ambition, but at least I didn’t stay

 

Miles ahead of desperation 

Hands bruised in defeat of the love I couldn’t reach

I don’t use them anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment