Bent like the pages you are turning past
not to stay, not to last
Revelation you’ve missed all along
One step in front of the other
It’s all such a blunder
Epiphany of what could be
Sparse autumn leaves
Flushed against a wall of green
They fall on us dry and brittle
like the friable edge of my soul
And if I had half to sell
Could the other half still keep me whole
regenerate in to something new
And leave nothing left to long
Birds above in sync and tune
I’m feel incapable of the same
I’m reminded that there’s life above my trenches
But my skill doesn’t reach
And into the depth of song I sink
Out of rhythm, out of tune
For a brief moment of thought is
All I can call mine, all I still own
Our rank apparent by the colors we wear
But our knowledge fails to transpire
We stand around the limbs of objects
Far removed from our present spot
Both in time and in thought
Do better next time
Ideals, if only we could live up to
Beneath the green we wear like years
we’re just sweat from pores and porcelain white
under the blinding lights
Trying to clinch the life as it slips
Revelation you’ve missed all along
One step in front of the other
It’s all such a blunder
Epiphany of what could be
Sparse autumn leaves
Flushed against a wall of green
They fall on us dry and brittle
like the friable edge of my soul
And if I had half to sell
Could the other half still keep me whole
regenerate in to something new
And leave nothing left to long
Birds above in sync and tune
I’m feel incapable of the same
I’m reminded that there’s life above my trenches
But my skill doesn’t reach
And into the depth of song I sink
Out of rhythm, out of tune
For a brief moment of thought is
All I can call mine, all I still own
Our rank apparent by the colors we wear
But our knowledge fails to transpire
We stand around the limbs of objects
Far removed from our present spot
Both in time and in thought
Do better next time
Ideals, if only we could live up to
Beneath the green we wear like years
we’re just sweat from pores and porcelain white
under the blinding lights
Trying to clinch the life as it slips
No better than last time
No comments:
Post a Comment