Search This Blog:

Sunday, November 14, 2021


You're the only one whose smile makes me forget what is right

I struggle with my belief like I struggle with the night 

I struggle with my desperation to have you touching me in this light

 

As we walk up to the cabin

It's a certain kind of feel 

A letting go and a giving up 

A questioning of all I hold real

 

Either way I lose 

So I give way to you

I give way to you

 

The autumn air blows the same temperature as my soul

My skin glows amber, camouflaged by the leaves beneath my feet

It sounds like burning embers 

I'm unsure from which

 

The ground gives way with every step 

like I give way to you

If the sin doesn’t burn me black

You'll still drown me in my blues

 

Either way I lose 

So I give way to you

I give way to you

 

The night transpires to day 

Skipping over any civility this dawn could offer

The day radiates through me like truth

Like a little girl in daydreams 

I hide my eyes under the cover of you 

And I fall asleep, wake me in the night 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment