Search This Blog:

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Your Hands On Me

Baby I’d wait all night
There’s no where I’ve got to be
Nowhere better than 
That place I’m in 
When you put your hands on me
 
Been a long, long time
Been trading glances and looking for advancement 
Had to move so very slow
Tightly braided knots kept you cleated 
But it got so frayed in time
You cut it with the steel of your heart
After being battered by her storm
 
You said if you could ever float free 
You’d float on over to me
But did you mean it?
Did you mean those words you spoke like a poet reciting love to me?
Or was it just your escape? 
I’m looking for fruition, in promises once easily made
 
Baby I’d wait all night
There’s no where I got to be
If the winds are right 
Blow on over to me
Put your hands on me

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment