Blood draining, brain dry
Bottom of the chair
Pain I just can’t hide
And you ask, what makes it better?
It’s Jekyll in the winter
there’s no darker sky
Our backs against the sand
The waves are crashing down
Hum of a familiar tune
Heavy in my heart like a bundle of yours
Chest falls like my pride
unsteady in my breath
For me, the world is still
But it’s still moving, around you
Night gives way to day
But I don’t see it
Don’t even know where I am
Nothing in sight
Semiconscious haze
Why’d you ever want to make me this way?
When you can’t make it any better
Alone in a vast ocean of mind
Only curve I can see is,
Is my world bending down
Like the strings, like the sound
Like the joy, you land on me
Like the steel, like the shame
Like the stones beneath my feet
The dichotomy I can’t explain
I can recognize the touch of your hand
A humble abode, a refuge for my body
I get lost, thinking I’m somebody
You’d ever want to know, ever long to touch
For me, the whole damn world is still
But it’s still moving, around you
No comments:
Post a Comment