You’re lying still against my floor
Your problems bigger than can be ignored
In desperation for the air
You gasp and rasp for the words to describe your despair
They move through you the way fremitus feels
Slurring words that smell like shame
Seeping in the sweat of your pain
Too far gone to leave your spot
Your makeshift bed of a concrete cot
Awaken to the reality
You can’t sustain the life you’ve got
Some make due and some subdue
Slip from reality
The thin line you’re slipping across
You’re asking for a hand
But I don’t know how to give
You’re begging for forgiveness
But it’s bitterness that permeates
My nerves not my bones
You close your eyes so I roll you to your side
You whisper ‘want to die’
And I don’t know if you’re living in the enemies’ lies
Or if you’d just say anything for me to stay
So I just let you sleep where you lay
No comments:
Post a Comment