Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

XXXIV - "Dusty Road"

 Dusty road beneath my bare feet

I uncharacteristically took my shoes off

Because this walk didn’t feel like my reality

I needed to feel the truth


I built my dreams up like elated fairy tales 

The grandiloquence of the stories we once read

You think, it could come true, it could

You think, just once, could a prince really come through

But then I realize, he doesn’t look like you


They trained me to be wise 

To see beneath the mistrust of sparkling eyes 

To see the face value of withdrawing from a failing investment 

Just to save any face than can still be kept


So I’m standing on the dirtiest of roads 

This is not a destination I know 

So I keep walking 

Till I can find someone or something that’s worth the hold

No comments:

Post a Comment