Search This Blog:

Tuesday, March 23, 2021

XXXIII - "Hold"

 
You want to bet it all and win with just a hand
But that’s not me
I play deal by deal
Win the game in small gains and strategy

I like enough to fall back on
The rush of the win, it doesn't get to me
I've had my share of bad hands
To teach me just how quickly it could go

Your holding a hand of diamonds 
Flush, like the complexion of your face
All I have is a pair of hearts
But I won’t fold
I’ve come to make you sweat
My poker face isn’t usually very good
But my pride won’t let you see what I have to lose

This is all a game to you
I know you don’t like to lose
I won’t lay a single card down till I’ve counted for everything you’re ready to put down 
I won’t take the chance to lose on a game I know how to win

No comments:

Post a Comment