Search This Blog:

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

XX - “The She”

The rattle of your phone on the desk

It's after midnight and you pretend not to notice

And you know exactly what I mean

When I say "she needs to give it a rest"

Whiteness covers your face as redness does your eyes

When you finally realize


Two halves won't make us whole

"I'm sorry" won't convince me

To forgive your broken soul

Maybe god can see past

The thing I can't see through


You say "it's so benign" 

A simple cut to the flesh

But now the blood cascades out of control

And you're not good with the pressure 


All the memories of us swirl like regressions

And it's all you can do to keep your head above the depression

Gone like a comet in the night sky

You brace for the explosion but it only fades like scattering rays 

I’m shielded by my atmosphere 


Two halves won't make us whole

"I'm sorry" won't convince me

To forgive your broken soul

Maybe god can see past

The thing I can't see through


I thought you were the kind of guy

Who'd always have my back


Thought you were the kind of guy


Who would never need a take back


But I’m just not the kind of girl


Who’ll ever want a redo 



No comments:

Post a Comment