looking into the face of someone who knows
in the face of all uncertainty
it's my insecurity that shows
I was raised a ballerina
I can stand on broken toes
disfigured by my passion
my structure seldom glows
the bar is just for balance
until i know it's time for me to let go
I was never lonely
I was only weak
to think that I might like a man I couldn't keep.
I soaked in baths of scents familiar
unencumbered by time and age
but in the end i could only absorb
your sweat upon my brow
We both know I'm only talk and written thoughts I wouldn't know how to make a move on you
you talk to me about your feelings
say mine should be the same
cold expression on my face
cross my leg and my broken toes point away
you're only my lover
when numbness is the game
and you're only my lover
when there's me upon your stage
No comments:
Post a Comment